Harmonics are currently recruiting for an Associate Manager CMC Program Management role for a Limerick based multinational client.
Summary: The Associate Manager uses program management knowledge within the drug development industry to plan and own the progress of assigned CMC programs of moderate scope, as established by defined achievements and objectives. May be responsible for a small group of direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Utilizes program management best practices to ensure programs meet scope, budget, and timeline while ensuring quality. Identifies and anticipates CMC-related risks/constraints to timing and resources.
- Develops strategic program vision, independently engages cross-functionally and consistently represents complex CMC strategies with minimal guidance.
- Consistently engages senior management to drive strategy across and up through the organisation.
- Ensures alignment of multiple interrelated projects within overall program strategy.
- Negotiates and resolves complex issues, while maintaining what’s best for the program and the CMC team. Works with team to acquire agreement for integrated CMC strategy.
- Translates broad scope and ambiguous requests into meaningful steps for the team.
- Uses technical expertise to influence and translate information to non-technical audiences.
- Serves as primary point of contact between cross-functional areas to facilitate the advancement of programs; “connects the dots” across the organisation and uses organisational agility, i.e. knows who to go to for what.
- Leads a program team with shared resources in a matrix style organisation; capable of mentoring and managing team members through influence rather than direct authority; ensures delegation to appropriate team members based on expertise.
- Facilitates and leads communication between global functional areas and corporate partners, including presentations for management and joint teamwork meetings. Consistently maintains professionalism in communication, e.g. maintaining composure under pressure and managing up.
- Proactively and patiently identifies and resolves individual and team performance issues.
- “Prevents fires” by identifying potential program risk and working with team to mitigate as appropriate.
- Develops tools and mechanisms for monitoring progress and drives effective out of the box problem solving with cross-functional teams and area managers.
- Ensures workload is prioritized and allocated among direct reports.
Responsibilities specific to Systems and Knowledge Management Team may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides support and training for Program Management systems including workshops, one-on-one guidance, and troubleshooting.
- Promotes knowledge sharing across IOPS by supporting the development and implementation of business processes.
- Shares information/experiences (Lessons Learned) across communities of practice, business units and networks on innovative approaches in knowledge sharing.
Education and Experience:
- Requires BSc/BEng in scientific subject area or related field with 7+ years of relevant work experience in pharmaceutical or related industry.
- 3+ years of related program management experience.
- PMP certification or MBA a plus.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.