Our client, based in the Mid-West has an opportunity for and Automation Engineer to join their expanding team. This is a permanent, full time position on a 24/7 shift
• Ensure equipment and systems are operating in a safe manner to protect people, product and the environment.
• Provide specialist engineering, automation/control support and technical leadership within the factory for Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), DMO, Factory Automation Systems / Industrial IT, encompasing operational activities, maintenance and projects in line with corporate guidelines, ensuring that all automation activities enhance business objectives, product quality and plant operation/performance.
• Deliver on objectives as outlined and assigned from the site Operational Master Plan (OMP) in order to achieve improvements on site performance.
• Assist with the training and development of engineers/operators and craft on the Factory Automation Systems.
• Fault find, resolve root cause of problems and provide written reports on equipment so that equipment is available to meet the manufacturing schedules.
• Maintain Preventative maintenance schedules on all manufacturing and service equipment as specified in the maintenance procedures to ensure maximum reliability.
• Deliver projects and initiatives to ensure the sites engineering systems meet/exceed the current Environmental Health & Safety regulations.
• Optimisation of existing equipment and systems.
• Identify areas for improvement mechanically, electrically, controls/process/efficiency in equipment design and operation.
• Presentation of automation problems and solutions at Weekly Engineering Review.
• Adhere to all relevant Quality and regulatory requirements.
• Identify and lead projects to improve plant performance, reliability and efficiency through collaboration with operations group, equipment vendors, corporate personnel through a collaborative approach.
• Input to and participation on Corporate standards, guidelines and initiatives to drive and maintain plant performance at leading edge in terms of automation and operational excellence.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years post graduate experience.
• A third level Engineering qualification, degree or diploma depending on experience.
• The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to quickly ramp-up on the understanding of existing process systems.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be required.
• Capable of working both as parts of a team or autonomously.
• Proven problem solving capability.
• Proven leadership to resolving team issues & managing people.
• Previous experience in pharmaceutical/food & beverage/medical device would be an advantage.
• Ability to provide coaching and assistance to prevent recurrence issues of mechanical electrical nature.
• Desire to learn and develop within organisation.