Our client based in Co Clare is hiring for Buyer/ Planner to join the Supply Chain Department located in Co. Clare. This will be a Hybrid role.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing production/supply plans that consider forecasts, availability of material and manufacturing capacity.
Also responsible for identifying and maintaining the appropriate planning parameters in ERP systems to optimize subassembly production and raw material supply plans, providing materials to manufacturing areas based on planned production schedules and for the appropriate shipping of finished goods to various distribution centers,
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Purchase assigned parts from approved supplier base per agreed purchase policies, ensuring adequate availability of materials to support production.
- Manage a Supplier base with regular business reviews & supplier scorecards.
- Lead activities to maintain inventory levels in line with Inventory Management goals and objectives. Update MRP parameters to influence deliver and inventory levels.
- Effectively control production planning activity in partnership with Line management, Productions and QC Supervisor. Initiates inter/intra departmental activities to achieve the MPS.
- Analyst performance of operation against MPS, research reasons for variances and present recovery plan.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Business Degree or equivalent (Level 8) and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a relevant Buyer/Planner position
- Experience in change management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in an MRP/MPS environment
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Planning & procurement
- Using Oracle Applications