Our client, a leading manufacturer based in Clare currently has 2 opportunities for a Buyer/Planner to join their team. Once position is a full-time permanent position and the other is a 12 month contract position. Both offer a great salary and the chance to work with a market leading team
The Buyer/Planner will be part of a team responsible for the introduction of the new Serology COVID assay business
This position is part of the Planning & Purchasing Department and will be located at our facility.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage and build a Supplier base with regular business reviews & supplier scorecards
- Add & review purchased parts to determine if any items can be moved to Kanban
- Ensure Freight budgets are met & savings made
- Purchase assigned parts from approved supplier base per agreed purchase policies
- Ensure adequate availability of materials from project inception to full scale manufacturing
- Execute a new planning process to meet required safety stock levels & customer demand in Distribution Centres
- Review forecast updates & maintain manufacturing batch sizes in line with demand. Works with Operations and Finance to complete monthly volume plan.
- Review capacity requirements for monthly & annual required production volumes
- Partner with Finished Goods Planner to manage supply to customers
The essential requirements of the job include
- Honours Business Degree (Level 8) and at least 6 years’ experience in a similar position
- APICS Certification/IIPMM desirable
- Experience in New Product Introduction & Process Transfer
- Experience of working in an MRP/MPS environment.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Oracle Manufacturing
- Knowledge of visual planning/lean inventory management processes