Our client, currently has an opportunity for a Buyer to join their team. This is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
Main Duties Include:
• Preparation and data entry of purchase orders.
• Expediting and progressing of orders with suppliers.
• Research and evaluate potential suppliers, pre-qualification of suppliers.
• Negotiate with suppliers in relation to alternatives, prices and conditions.
• Maintain a high level of service to internal/external suppliers.
• Liaise with internal customers regarding order status and general queries as they arise.
• Assist with supplier performance appraisal and monitoring.
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with suppliers, forwarding agent and courier.
• Resolution of supply problems, general queries and queries relating to payment invoices.
• Maintain an accurate supplier database.
• Develop a knowledge of the materials being purchased.
• Coordinate procurement competitions from initial scoping through to award. Preliminary evaluation of bids received. Assist in the preparation of requests for quotation.
• Good understanding of Commercial Airfreight, Integrators and Couriers.
• Maintain accurate purchasing filing system.
• To be conscious of costs and attempt to achieve savings on an ongoing basis
• General administrative duties.
Education and Experience
• 3 – 5 Years+ experience in a similar position at procurement/buyer level preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Proven track record in procuring supplies and services across a range of categories.
• Good commercial and technical experience.
• Previous experience of using an ERP system is essential
• Strong negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and handle a varied work load. Strong organisational skills.
• Flexibility to handle multiple requests.
• Sound knowledge of supplier sourcing practices (researching, evaluating, liaising with suppliers)
• Must have very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Highly Motivated and capable of working on own initiative