We have an exciting temporary contract for a Chemistry Facilitator
• Proficiency: Responsible for the adequate follow-up on results of proficiency tests and interlaboratory comparisons. Responsible for performing root cause analysis in case of poor results and in applying corrective action.
• Technical assistance:
– Assist technicians in matters related to instrumentation, analytical monitoring and Good Laboratory Practice.
– Support factories in implementing method updates, alternative methods and in establishing monitoring plans.
• Laboratory methods and practices:
– Responsible for the correct and cost-efficient functioning of the laboratory, including personnel safety, availability of equipment to carry out analyses, internal and external quality control.
– Responsible for the analytical competence of technicians to perform the required analysis.
– Responsible for the correct and on time reporting of results to customers and the follow-up of any customer complaints.
– Manage the technicians’ training plan and development needs
– Select, organize and follow up analyses performed by subcontracted labs.
• Quality System: Responsible for the proper implementation and regular update of the laboratory quality system
• People and know-how: Develop and maintain competent professionals in the laboratories.
• University graduate or equivalent (in the specific area of competence)
• Lab experience in performing analyses in the specific area of competence
• Demonstrated leading of technicians, or
• Deputy Head of laboratory, or
• QA Specialist in a laboratory, PTC or R&D Centre, NRC
You must be eligible to work in Ireland