Our Multinational Client based in Limerick has a requirement for a Chemistry Supervisor. This role may suit someone currently working as a lead with previous mentoring experience who is looking to take the next step in their career. Responsible for overseeing the laboratory quality control testing of a variety of raw materials, products, in-process materials, or stability samples in support of the company’s quality programme.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinate with members of Manufacturing, R & D, and Formulation to provide analytical support.
• Supervise QC Analysts – distribute work load and monitor progress.
• Supervise and perform product testing.
• Review test reports.
• Ensure QC Analysts receive proper training.
• Attend interdepartmental meetings to keep informed of manufacturing priorities.
• Ensure testing is performed accurately and in compliance with cGMP procedures, established regulatory requirements, SOPs, and other approved test methods
• Oversee or conduct laboratory investigations and generate reports in response to Deviations and OOS/OOT.
•Assist in the preparation for internal/customer/regulatory inspections.
• Proactively identify and implement lab process improvements, lean initiatives.
• Ensure that CAPAs and Change Controls are initiated and completed on time and in accordance with site procedures.
• Train, develop and mentor direct reports and effectively manage the performance of individuals.
Education and Experience:
• Requires BS/BA in Life Sciences or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
• Previous supervisory/leadership experience required.