The Role : Complies with the obligation to protect the surrounding environment and the health and safety of all people working on the site; complies with EHS legislation; maintains compliance with the IPPC licence; maintains registration to ISO 14001, ISO45001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting of EHS indicators to corporate EHS, regulatory authorities and General Manager
- Ensuring all departments have a system to manage improvements resulting from reactive or proactive information including investigation of incidents and accidents through a schedule of regular meetings with department managers.
- Conducts regular EHS inspections and audits to monitor the effectiveness of the EHS management system and highlight any areas for attention/action.
- Ensures a robust EHS incident investigation process is in place. Monitor’s incident trends identifying areas requiring action. Leads investigations as necessary and notification of lost time accidents.
- Co-ordination of emergency training and preparedness.
- Monitors EHS legislation ensuring site compliance with current and future requirements as necessary
- Co-ordinating of safety committee meetings and maintaining consultation with employee representatives.
- Updating of risk assessments for all areas of safety (e.g. machinery, chemicals, ATEX, general areas, SEVESO…..)
- Liasing with HR Manager in relation to health issues & health monitoring program and EHS training needs
- Coordinating the Behaviour Based Safety Program.
- Qualification / Bachelor’s Degree in Safety/Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in similar role and industry to ensure appropriate knowledge and experience.
- Experience and knowledge of EHS Management Systems, dealing with regulatory authorities such as EPA, HSA and emergency services.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels in the organisation to promote a continuous improvement culture in EHS matters.