Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company based in Limerick currently has an opportunity for an EHS Specialist to join their team. This is a full-time position working 5 days either Thursday-Monday or Friday-Tuesday. This position has a great salary with uplift for weekend work and also a great benefits package.
- Develop, implement and monitor environmental, health & safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values.
- Drive effective writing/revising/rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and EHS related procedures.
- Participate in process and system walk-downs and the completion of safety reviews with active follow up of action closure.
- Identify and addresses site EHS issues and employee concerns.
- Perform EHS risk assessments such as: chemical; biological; machinery; area; task specific; and make recommendations to control hazards.
- Develop, implement and maintain training programs for health, safety and the environment. Support EHS training and inductions for new hires, ongoing refresher training for existing staff and delivering EHS related training programmes to all levels within the organization.
- Support the EHS incident management process on site. Manage EHS incidents to closure, including root cause analysis and CAPA management.
- Identify, implement and track corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Coordinate internal EHS auditing and inspection and actively follow up on necessary corrective actions to ensure audit readiness.
- Identify and maintain EHS metrics, trending and reporting of same including dashboards.
- Work closely with EHS Managers and Snr EHS Specialists in selecting, adopting, implementing and overseeing appropriate programs which will enable the EHS strategy and installing them.
- Build relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs
Experience and Required Skills:
- BS/ BA in Health and Safety or related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience working in an EHS role preferably within the pharmaceutical industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- A thorough knowledge of EHS legislation for a facility operating within Ireland/Europe
- Operational Safety Experience: Safe Systems of Work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with good ability to produce technical reports.