Our client is currently recruiting for an Energy Engineer to join the team. This is an initial 2 year contract with a view to permanency. This position is offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
- Ensure that energy management is in line with best international practise.
- Initiate and execute studies and projects leading to improved energy efficiency and carbon reduction.
- Liaise with the Process Control Group of the plant to ensure plant operates at optimal energy efficiency
- Use process modelling using SysCAD software to evaluate optimum conditions for energy efficiency and plant water balance.
- Oversee the monitoring of energy efficiency and ensure that early corrective action is taken if performance deviates from target.
- Ensure that company is aware of recent technological developments in energy efficiency and provide recommendations.
- Use appropriate software tools to analyse current plant performance and predict how performance will change with new equipment or different operating conditions.
- Provide technical expertise to implement project from concept stage to implementation stages.
- Manage energy management system on site and liaise with relevant national bodies.
- Contribute to the formulation and updating of standards and policies regarding process engineering practices and controls in relation to energy efficiency.
- Flexibility will be required as other duties outside those described above may assigned from time to time.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in industrial working environment
- Degree/Higher Diploma/HETAC Level 8 Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical) with high level of interest for energy efficiency improvement.
- Industrial experience would be an advantage.
- Project cost estimation experience would be an advantage
- Experience with structure and operation of ISO 50001 would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of plant energy calculations.
- Good understanding of mass and energy balances.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- High level of interest in innovative design to improve energy