We now wish to recruit skilled and highly-motivated individuals who like will join our team as Engineering Manager. If you would like to be part of our growing, dynamic aviation business, then this could be a good opportunity for you!
- Reporting to the CEO, the primary areas of responsibility include the management of Product Engineering, Process Engineering and Repair Development
- Identify business development (new product) opportunities and implement New Product Development programmes to ensure smooth introduction to production
- Lead CI programmes to deliver excellence in cost and service delivery performance improvements
- Ensure compliance of all technical work instructions and documentation with Approved Data and compliance with relevant legislation
- Promote the Continuing Professional Development programme to foster people development and meet future business needs
- Ensure all Authority documentation is up to date
- Develop collaborative linkages with other institutions to bring new ideas and concepts .
- Monitor change in technologies and recommend/implement changes in processes/technologies that will result in improved TAT, cost reduction and/or quality improvements.
- Adhere to the company standards, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the company financial budget
- Ensure those functions under your control work in partnership with all other functions within the Company
- Manage your staff development.
- Ensure Ops Manager and CEO are kept informed of all significant issues affecting those areas under your responsibility.
- Provide direction and leadership to team members on assigned projects.
- Liaise with OEMs and EASA Design Organisation to co-ordinate and expedite approval of substantiation packages.
- Create a leadership environment to nurture a strong innovation culture
- Conduct management review to evaluate project success and share lessons learned
- Maximise process / equipment flexibility whilst minimising operation cost
- Establish and Implement the CTQ metrics to determine / control process stability
- Lead investigation of process problems, taking corrective action where deviation occurs
- Lead CI initiatives to target elimination of rework,
- Lead Major kaizen events,
- Develop and maintain relevant policies and procedures,
- Conduct employee performance appraisals to support employee development
- 5 years’ experience working in a similar role in a multinational environment.
- Proven ability in the implementation of CI & Problem Solving methodologies and processes
- Experience of leading, building and motivating a team within a fast paced and continually evolving environment
- Demonstrated Planning and Project Management ability
- Strategic as well as tactical thinking
- Ability to manage complex activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and barriers
- Diplomacy and negotiating ability.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Specific qualifications include
- Minimum degree qualified, preferably in a manufacturing/engineering discipline with 10 years post qualification experience.
- Business acumen.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to be a leader and well as a major contributor to projects and programs.
- Disciplined approach to work and must be proactive in implementing positive change.
- Incumbent must be self-driven and be capable of working with peer group to reach agreed management position