The Engineering Technician will have responsibility for the development and maintenance of CNC machining programs. The technician will also assist in troubleshooting problematic areas of machining process by using a hands-on approach and will assist in the TPM Programs for Tooling/ Fixtures.
- Optimize programs to minimize machining times & consumable costs
- Implement procedures for programs revision control and archiving of programs
- Receive training on new equipment and processes
- Provide trouble shooting support to ensure machining operations run smoothly
- Provide training as required to support the introduction of new programs
- Work with vendors to trial cutting tools
- Conduct verification and problem solve/ debug new fixtures and tooling
- Develop CAD capability on Siemens NX software
- Program and operate the CMM for calibration of fixtures or investigation of technical problems
- Provide cover for the calibration laboratory when required
Other duties as directed by the responsible manager
- Develop capability in CAD
- Cover provided to the calibration laboratory where required
Minimize production down time due to machining issues
Qualifications / Skills
The candidate should possess the following skills or demonstrate an aptitude to be trained in the following areas:
- Tool making qualification or a Certificate/Diploma in Engineering with related work experience in a precision machining environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate CNC and manual machine tools – milling and turning
- Good ability to master the operation of new equipment and machine tools in a timely and efficient manner
- Familiar with CAD design package preferably Siemens NX.
- CMM Programming Capability
- Literacy in Computer Operating Systems and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, etc
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Can do attitude with excellent ability to work as part of a team.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a precision machining environment
- Previous CNC programming experience
- Proven track record in problem solving in complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to work on his/her own initiative.