Our Client is a privately owned innovative Irish renewable energy group company based in County Limerick.
The successful candidate will be a key member of their Renewable Energy Development team.
The Project Development Team are responsible for developing and maximising the value of the current onshore pipeline. We have a steady pipeline and are seeking to expand the team with talented and passionate individuals.
As a Senior Project Manager your role will be flexible and varied and will involve:
- Full oversight of the design, planning and environmental assessment requirements for renewable energy projects to planning submission stage and any subsequent challenges thereafter
- Management and co-ordination of baseline environmental and constraints assessments
- Review of planning/environmental related legislation and relevant planning decisions as required to establish potential implications for the development pipeline
- Preparation of relevant submissions or comments on policy/guidance documents as they arise
- Facilitating the interaction between project team members, internally and externally, as required. Critically reviewing project documentation, tracking project programme & risk
- Identifying and escalating issues as they arise, while being proactive and solution oriented with good attention to detail
- Consulting with Local Authorities, Statutory bodies, An Bord Pleanála and joint venture partners
What do I need?
Ideal candidates will have or possess some or all of the following:
- A degree and / or higher qualification in Environmental Science, Engineering or Planning related discipline
- Comprehensive experience and/or expertise in the areas of Project Management, EIA, AA co-ordination and application in a planning context
- Good knowledge of planning and environmental legislation
- Large project development experience, desirably in the renewable energy sector
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and must take on ownership of tasks and challenges
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the renewable energy planning and / or environmental consultancy sector
- Ability to manage own workload, meet demanding timescales and make informed decisions across a number of projects
- Full, clean driving licence
- Commitment to continued professional development
The offer: We offer you a work environment that encourages collaboration, team bonding and the opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of engineers, environmental scientists, project managers and community liaison officers.
The role is an excellent opportunity for someone motivated in starting or furthering a career in the renewable energy sector.