We are looking for a Financial Controller for an approx. 12-month mat leave cover contract. Our Client offers a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don’t miss the opportunity to join them and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context. This is a hybrid role with the option to work 1-2 das remote if preferred. Based in Co. Limerick.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Liaise with local & central teams for annual budget preparation, quarterly forecast updates and ongoing control of Centre OPEX including reporting requirements.
- Liaise with team & local HR on resource planning & prioritisation for inclusion in quarterly management letters.
- Period End Closing activities in line with factory deadlines.
- Generate, co-ordinate data requests & submit Annual R&D Revenue Tax credit and any other government grant funding submissions as required.
- Generate Cost estimates as required for I&R portfolio. Liaise with commercial & F&C teams in other centres/factories to generate COGs (Cost of Goods) for prototype formulations.
- Capex budget preparation & forecasting/reporting as required together with finance approval for new projects through to the creation of financial assets on SAP.
- Drive discipline in execution of centres financial processes to ensure financial compliance and maintain audit readiness while providing financial support on relevant financial processes driving clear understanding of financial key figures and costing, including organising training sessions as applicable.
- Collaborate with F&C-R&D community to drive continuous improvement initiatives to standardise, share & simplify F&C processes including project work as required locally
- Liaise with Internal and External Auditors/Stakeholders/Fiscal reps
What will make you successful
- Degree in Finance, Business and an appropriate accounting qualification – (ACA; ACCA; CIMA)
- Post qualifying accounting experience ideally in a manufacturing/research and development environment with focus on financial accounting & project controlling, with the relevant familiarisation in the compilation of a variety of financial reports
- Proficiency in SAP would be an advantage
- On time support to management in term of data analysis and reporting
- Successfully shown collaboration within cross functional teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English