Harmonics are currently recruiting for a Head of Performance & Delivery for a Mayo based company. The position will be based in the company’s office in Mayo and will report directly to the CEO. A hybrid of remote working is feasible in line with company needs. This is a permanent position.
The role will involve Managing a cross functional Projects team (Design, Project Delivery, Automation, Validation). You will be responsible for project management, performance management, and process and operational improvement. This person will be accountable for the successful delivery of all Projects across the company, working closely with Project Managers to ensure Clients’ expectations are met. This person will be responsible for personnel management of the Project Management Office (PMO), managing performance reviews, resourcing needs, and other operational tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead a cross functional team of Project Managers and Engineers, having overall responsibility for the successful delivery of all Projects.
- Develop standardized project management processes and tools to facilitate and assess all aspects of Project & Program Delivery (planning, resourcing, finance, reporting, risk management, invoice, change management, client management etc.).
- Responsibility & Accountability for the Project Management Office (PMO) Team ensuring they drive the adoption of these standard processes.
- Accountability for the Piping Design Team ensuring they drive the adoption of processes.
- Ensuring Project KPIs are achieved and that all projects are delivered cash flow positive, on-time, within scope, within budget, and to Client satisfaction.
- Coaching and developing team to deliver results with an emphasis on leadership development.
- Manage all operational tasks associated with personnel management, e.g., performance reviews, resource availability tracking and allocation, etc.
- Work with the BD and Management Team to ensure the right solutions are provided to our Clients
- Taking the lead role in issue resolution for Clients where required.
Education and Experience
- Level 8 degree in Engineering or Science discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience leading similar teams in previous roles.
- Proven working experience in Project and Personnel Management in the Life Sciences Industries (New Builds, Expansions, Plant & Equipment Retrofits and Site Upgrade projects)
- Process implementation using standard LEAN methodologies would be an advantage.
Key Skills 1. Excellent written and verbal communication 2. Leadership 3. Financial acumen 4. Project Management