Our Client is a privately owned innovative Irish renewable energy group company based in County Limerick.
The successful candidate will be a key member of their Renewable Energy Development team.
The role will primarily support our cross disciplinary team, working across various aspects of Renewable Energy projects and will provide business critical Legal support on the relevant parts of development cycle.
The candidate will work to offer support to key managers on a day-to-day basis and will be expected to work as part of the team, engaging with third party solicitors, maintaining strong commercial acumen in legal transactions. The candidate, will at all times, be expected to operate in a professional confidential manner maintaining a high-quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values, and ethos of our company. Strong knowledge and experience in negotiating with third party solicitors is essential.
The successful candidate may also be involved in other elements of project development and operations as directed by the Managing Director.
- Engage and liaise with third party solicitors to assist in the finalisation of land agreements for development projects.
- Building and maintaining relationships with external legal teams and remaining available as a point of contact through the formalisation of land agreements.
- Assist with the administration of land negotiations to ensure the timely and efficient conclusion of all legal agreements.
- Taking responsibility for tasks that support the completion of property transactions, such as land title due diligence
- Ensure all land obligations, including commercial undertakings, are documented and relevant workflows adhered to
- Addressing and understanding the concerns of various landowners and their corresponding Solicitors from project to project.
- Ensure clear and concise record keeping in relation to all legal transactions entered into by the Company, and in particular in relation to land matters
- Research and keep up to date with the latest national and international law guidelines for activities being carried out in the Renewable Industry sector.
- A high level of motivation and a friendly manner to enable effective and positive engagement with colleagues, external legal counsel, and key stakeholders.
- Confident, professional, and resilient in their approach to their work, legal administration skills and knowledge
Background and Qualifications
- Relevant 3rd level qualification Law Degree with strong commercial background and relevant membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ireland.
•IT literate with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Teams)
- 2-4 years with extensive relevant experience in similar roles as company In-house Legal