Our Multinational Aviation Client based in Clare, has a requirement for a highly motivated experienced IT Support Specialist with excellent technical and analytical skills that enables you to successfully implement change and drive long-term innovation and cost-saving improvements.
This role will report to the Head of ICT and the ideal candidate is someone who can work independently, thrives under pressure and is committed to an exceptional level of delivery standards.
- Ensure the provision of an effective and appropriate ICT service designed to meet the needs of the business.
- Maintain and develop the ICT infrastructure to ensure best value and to support fit for purpose systems and solutions.
- Maintain local and wide area networks and support remote working.
- Implement and develop policies relating to ICT, Information and Security.
- Deliver the Business statutory roles and licensing requirements relating to ICT, Information and Security.
- Provide advanced technical support to staff.
- Support ISO27001
Key Result Areas:
- Contribute to the development, monitoring, implementation and review of policies and procedures in relation to ICT, Information and Security.
- Deliver the effective implementation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with our clients regulatory responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Work with the ICT team & the LH Group to ensure our client keeps up to date with new and emerging technologies which enhance the companies ICT performance.
- Work with the wider team to deliver changes and improvements to the companies’ Information Systems in accordance with the Data & Digital Strategy.
Primary Roles and Service Provision
- Develop and maintain the local and wide area network infrastructure to ensure it is fit for purpose and supports the requirements of all teams to work flexibly and remotely.
- Implement a regular programme of external vulnerability testing in line with the GDPR / LH CDC policy and resolve issues uncovered.
- Maintain and develop telephone and mobile communications technology to improve service, reduce costs, contribute towards low-carbon working and identifying areas for future improvements.
- Maintain and update the business’s core ICT infrastructure to ensure availability of ICT systems and administer access for staff.
- Build and manage physical and virtual servers, including system updates, backup and recovery.
- Work with the ICT Dept to deliver an effective ICT Support service and review opportunities for improvements.
- Specify, purchase, install, support, and decommission ICT hardware, software and consumables.
- Implement a hardware replacement programme and capital investment within budget allocated from core or project funds.
- Ensure compliance with ICT licensing, warranty and support contracts for hardware and software.
- Implement security systems to protect the companies’ network and data in accordance with group adherence to ISO27001.
- Implement and advise on Business Continuity Procedure (BCP) solutions.
- Lead on the procurement of ICT systems and services with a sound knowledge of the company & Group procurement procedures, providing prompt information to the ICT team and Finance Team as required.
- Proactively support the promotion of equality and inclusion in all areas of work.
Support and Advocacy
- As part of a team, support a culture which fosters innovation, creativity, open communication and collaboration throughout the ICT group & beyond.
- Lead on the ICT induction and outduction process ensuring compliance with ICT policies, supported by the ICT Dept.
- Carry out advanced technical support, supported by the ICT Dept.
- Advise and mentor staff in ICT solutions.
Partnership and Liaison
- Advise and collaborate with staff, partners, peers and customers on this area of operation.
- Where appropriate represent the business at LH group level, liaise and negotiate with other group bodies in key ICT areas and information sharing practices.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with partners, staff, contractors and service providers.
- Liaise with external auditors helping to ensure audit compliance of all ICT resources. Specifically ISO27001 & GDPR
- To be willing to undertake relevant management training.
- Any other duties consistent with the nature, level and grade of the post as may be required.
- Educated to Degree Level in an ICT discipline or an equivalent level of significant proven experience.
- Local and wide area networking.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Database management systems (such as MSSQL, MYSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Problem-solving, research and analysis.
- Time management and prioritisation of resources, staff, and partners.
- Ability to train staff.
- Ability to learn new skills as required to support new technologies.
- Managing a virtual server environment (such as vSphere)
- Data backup and replication systems (such as Veeam)
- Supporting and developing ICT systems.
- Procurement and tendering processes.
- Managing contractors and consultants.
- Managing LAN/WAN/WIFI technologies ( Cisco )
- Proactive, innovative and flexible.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to resolve conflicts.
- Proven track record in working in an organised and methodical way.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to enable understanding by coaching non-technical staff.
- Ability to work a flexible working pattern which may include evenings, weekends and over-night stays away from home.
- Ability to travel to sites and destinations in order to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 administration
- Experience in the development and implementation of projects.
- Knowledge of open-source applications and operating systems including Linux.
- Knowledge of Voice over IP technologies.
- Knowledge of health and safety relating to ICT issues.
- Experience of project development and implementation.
- Experience of working within financial constraints.
- Company Health Insurance
- Pension (after 6 months service)
- Employee discounted travel (after 6 months service)
- Hybrid Working Model (after 6 months service – where applicable)
- On-site Gym
- On-site Canteen/Catering Facilities
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- On-site parking
- EAP Programme