Our Multinational Client based in Co. Limerick has a fixed term contract opportunity (14 mths) for a Lab Team Lead. This individual will ideally have a chemistry background and will lead a team of approx 12-15 analysts. Days role.
- Supervise a team of approx 10-15 analysts – finished product , Raw materials testing and Environmental testing
- Responsible for the adequate follow-up on results of proficiency tests and interlaboratory comparisons.
- Responsible for performing root cause analysis in case of poor results and in applying corrective action.
- Assist technicians in matters related to instrumentation, analytical monitoring and Good Laboratory Practice.
- Support factories in implementing method updates, alternative methods and in establishing monitoring plans.
- Responsible for the correct and cost-efficient functioning of the laboratory, including personnel safety, availability of equipment to carry out analyses, internal and external quality control.
- Responsible for the analytical competence of technicians to perform the required analysis.
- Responsible for the correct and on time reporting of results to customers and the follow-up of any customer complaints.
- Manage the technicians’ training plan and development needs
- Select, organize and follow up analyses performed by subcontracted labs.
- Responsible for the proper implementation and regular update of the laboratory quality system .
- Degree in Chemistry/Science or related area.
- 4+ years lead/supervisory experience within a lab ideally within a food or pharma environment