Our Manufacturing Client who are currently undergoing expansion have a requirement for a Senior Metrology Technician.
This role would suit someone who is hands on and has strong user experience across vision inspection (Smartscope/OGP) & coordinate measuring machines. The ideal candidate will drive project work, interact internally with the projects & quality team teams & external customers
- Have experience in a wide range of measuring equipment.
- Have a good understanding of the accuracy and capability of various measuring equipment (Micrometer, Calipers, Height Gauge, Plug Gauges, Vision Systems, CMMs, etc.).
- Capable of CMM inspection program creation and qualification (ideally experience of Zeiss CMM using Calypso software).
- Capable of Vision System program creation and qualification (ideally experience of OGP Smartscopes).
- Be able to complete First Article Inspection Reports for highly dimensioned & toleranced manufactured pieces.
- Be able to review engineering drawings and models to decide best method of inspection for various forms & features.
- Experience in application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing is essential.
- Assist in the design concept of fixtures required for holding parts during inspection.
- Assist in the design concept for functional gauges.
- Good understanding of Gage R&R and test method validation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy when completing documentation is required.
For more information on this position please apply online and a member of the Harmonics team will be in touch