The NPI Engineer is responsible for the development and introduction of new products within the agreed development budget, target product cost levels and scheduled introduction dates.
- Conducting research / collating competitive product information and data to support / prepare new product proposals for Gate 1 Review meetings.
- Preparing Project Plans for NPI projects, including the project scope, development of budgets and schedules.
- Establishing project team / resource planning for projects.
- Monitoring the progress of projects against agreed plans and managing activities to deliver against agreed goals.
- Conducting project reviews with project team and management, ensuring all concerned are updated on progress.
- Maintaining adequate documentation of all aspects of the project.
- Conduct management review upon completion of the project to verify the success of the project against the budget, product cost & schedule and record lessons learned.
- Drafting the Repair Specification
- Determining the preferred technology / process equipment for the repair.
- Detailing the repair steps and identifying the trials / experiments required to verify that the methods / processes meet the Repair Source Substantiation Requirements (RSSR), including the preparation of the Initial Quality Plan (IQP).
- Defining the tooling & fixture specifications / requirements and liaising with the tooling engineer to develop cost effective solutions and provide optimum efficiency and flexibility for production.
- Conducting engineering trials & experiments necessary to verify the process.
- Preparing the Technical Plan (TP) / Repair Source Substantiation (RSS) documentation for substantiation of repairs.
- Liaising with the OEM to obtain approvals in a timely manner
- Identifying the up-front requirements of all stake holders – Production Team, Quality, EH&S, Maintenance, etc.
- Procuring new equipment required for the product introduction in accordance with company procedures.
- Establishing repair capability and achieving production readiness.
- Development & implementation of process controls to assure product quality.
- Ensuring necessary product information is provided in a timely manner to Commercial to support product launch.
- Conducting final project review with Operations / Quality / EH&S to close and sign the product transfer to production.
- Monitor the product cost / profitability for 1st 6 months of production to ensure target costs are achieved.
Qualifications / Skills
- Degree level; preferably in Materials or Mechanical Engineering.
- Disciplined structure approach to defining / qualifying process stabilitye. use of 6 Sigma tools.
- Competent communication & report writing skills.
- Strong team player
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in an NPI Engineering or Mechanical role.
- Proven track record in problem solving in complex environment.
- Demonstrated use of Lean 6 Sigma tools a distinct advantage.
Project Management experience desirable.