Process Sciences is a technical services department that deals with a range of scientific, technical, engineering and mathematical needs from the laboratory to the manufacturing floor. Process Sciences is made of six main functional teams namely:
- Upstream Sciences
- Downstream Sciences
- Analytical Technologies Team
- Data Analytics and Modelling
- Manufacturing Support & Process Validation
- Project Management and Operations
This position is a supervisor role within the Upstream Sciences group, whose major focus is conducting lab studies in support of process transfer, screening of complex raw materials, process troubleshooting, process characterization and continuous improvement programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages a team within Upstream Sciences; overseeing the hiring, development, retention, and performance of team members.
- Lead the design and qualification of scale-down models of large-scale cell culture processes.
- Design and execute upstream lab studies in support of process transfer, raw material screening, process troubleshooting, process characterization and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Builds strong collaboration and alliances with the other key partners across the business.
- Author and review of protocols, technical reports and SOPs.
- Support the site through regulatory audits by providing technical expertise.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the biotech industry with knowledge of manufacturing processes and biological products.
- Experience of managing direct reports.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and a high level of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate degree in Life Sciences, Biological Sciences, or Chemical/Process Engineering.
- A minimum of a BA/BS and a with 5 years relevant experience, MS with 4 years, or PhD entry level.
- At least 1 years of supervisory or leadership experience