Our Multinational Client has a great opportunity for a Product Engineering Manager to join their team.
The Product Engineering Manager is responsible for product engineering including CI activities relating to product engineering function. He / she is responsible for providing the required technical support to Customer Service, Operation and Quality on products within the company’s product portfolio.
- Provide direction and leadership to team members.
- Conduct review of product engineering metrics with team members.
- Present report at management review of Product Engineering.
2. Product Compliance
- Provision of adequate work instructions by way of Routers & Operations sheets to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Timely implementation of the changes to Documentation resulting from changes to OEM Approved Data
- Review / approve changes to Routers & SOPs.
3. Product Quality
- Promote application of best practices to deliver robust processes in repair of products.
- Establish and Implement the CTQ metrics to determine / control process stability.
- Lead investigation of process problems, taking corrective action where deviation occurs.
- Investigate and issue written reports on non-conformances relating to the product quality.
4. Process Improvements (Product Cost / Profitability)
- Drive product cost improvement projects to achieve agreed targets.
- Co-ordinate internal & external approvals for process improvement changes.
- Review Rework costs and reasons, working with the CI & Product team to achieve target reductions.
- Review repair yields and reasons for NSMR, working with the team to minimise the scrap rates.
- Approve specifications for new equipment purchase / modifications and sign off on qualification / acceptance.
- Drive implementation Process Improvements and monitor successful achievement of proposed savings.
5. TAT Reduction
- Proactively work with Product Leaders on TAT reduction initiatives to achieve agreed TAT targets.
- Provide leadership for successful implementation of TAT improvement initiatives, working closely with other team members.
6. Technical Support Liaison
- Provision of technical support to Customers, Operations & Quality functions.
7. Project Management
- Prepare Project Plans including the project scope, development of budgets and schedules.
- Establish project team / resource planning for projects.
- Conduct project reviews with project team and management, ensuring all concerned are updated on progress.
8. New Product Introduction Projects
- Work closely with NPI, Operations & Quality to ensure successful implementation of NPI projects into production – especially through Gates 4 -6.
- Support the completion of the PAR 2 process to ensure product compliance.
- Co-ordinate the close out of CI tasks identified during Gate 4 reviews with the NPI team.
9. Other duties as directed by the Engineering Manager
- Review & timely Implementation of OEM Approved Data changes.
- Monthly report out on Product Engineering.
- Customer complaints below maximum limits.
- Achievement of function goal / deliverables.
Qualifications / Skills
- Degree level preferably in Mechanical or Materials Engineering.
- Ability to understand complex processes involving multiple disciplines.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Disciplined structure approach to defining / qualifying process stability i.e. Lean / 6 Sigma.
- Strong project management skills, preferably with a project management qualification.
- Competent communication & report writing skills.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, preferably with previous leadership experience.
- Proven Project Management experience and competency in MS Project.
- Proven record of accomplishment in problem solving in complex environment.
- Demonstrated use of Lean / 6 Sigma tools.
- Previous experience in aviation or similar regulated industry a distinct advantage.
- Open minded – willingness to embrace new ideas and change.
- Prepared to put in the required effort to deliver and meet deadlines.
- Availability outside normal hours / change hours when required.