We have a great opportunity for a Production Scientists for a weekend shift opportunity. This is an approx. 7-8 month contract opportunity with an expanding company with further opportunities for growth and a lovely culture. The successful candidate will be part of a new product team.
They will be directly responsible for the manufacturing processes and operation of machines required to produce the product. This includes production of chemistry formulations and setting up & running of machines. Be active in collaboration between production, technical and quality teams to develop process stability & improve product quality.
The candidate will be required to participate in Kaizen events (i.e. VPM, SW, 3P, 4E, VSM, TPI etc) to aid in operator safety, project activities and improve production performance.
To be successful in this position the candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Scientific background
- Troubleshooting ability
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Use of Oracle or an equivalent ERP system an advantage
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment such as analytical balance, pH meter, pipettes, fume hoods
- Aptitude to operate and learn/ understand mechanical processing equipment
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience and proven track record in a Science based industry.
Background in formulation would be an advantage,
- A good understanding of cGMP and ISO/FDA requirements is beneficial.
Please note these roles are a rotating weekend shift and applicants must be available for shift. Training will likely take place on days for approx. 4 weeks.
Shift 1: 5am Saturday morning to 6:30pm Saturday evening 7:30am Sunday morning to 8pm Sunday Evening
Shift 2: 6:30pm Saturday to 7:30am Sunday morning 8pm Sunday evenings to 8am Monday morning