The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the shift by meeting production requirements and supporting the production team.
- Perform the Team Leader role in support of one or more production areas.
- Drive assigned production areas to achieve daily/weekly/monthly performance metrics
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities.
- Execute all relevant company policies and procedures
- Provide leadership and direction to one or more production areas.
- Continuously meet and exceed the daily performance targets.
- Drive all production metrics to excellence and update all associated visual communication charts as required
- Perform regular 6S audits on all production areas and drive LEAN initiatives e.g. TPM, Kaizen events etc.
- Hold regular communications meetings e.g. shift start-up meetings with all employees
- Contribute to employee appraisals on an annual basis
- Drive individual employee performance on a daily basis and provide regular feedback to all employees on all aspects of their performance
- Adhere to all company standards, policies, and procedures including health and safety requirements.
- Provide the necessary support in the training and development of production operators.
- Work with Engineering and quality on the identification & implementation of productivity improvement programs.
- Ensure product integrity by following all appropriate engineering and quality procedures
- Work with all relevant support departments to ensure all equipment and processes are operating to maximum efficiency
- Provide documented, detailed shift handover reports to the product leader on a daily basis
- Develop production plans for all cells within the relevant production area in cooperation with the product leader
- A minimum of 4 years experience working in similar role in a high volume manufacturing or repair facility an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership ability / management experience
- Demonstrated experience of driving a process/processes to excellence
- Familiarity with LEAN techniques
- Certificate / Diploma / Degree in supervisory management or equivalent experience
- A strong element of Flexibility is required for this positon.
Production Team Leadership Manufacturing Lean Manufacturing
Pension Paid Holidays Healthcare Gym Flight Concessions