Our client is seeking a purchasing administrator for a Maternity Cover Contract 9-12 months.
The role can be full time or part-time 25 hours per week 8am -1pm but can be flexible and will work as part of the Purchasing team reporting to the Purchasing Manager.
The main duties will be:
- Research and evaluate potential suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers in relation to alternatives, prices and conditions.
- Preparation and data entry of purchase orders.
- Expediting and progressing of orders with suppliers.
- Maintain a high level of service to internal/external suppliers.
- Liaise with internal customers regarding order status.
- Assist with supplier appraisal and monitoring.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with suppliers, forwarding agent and courier.
- Resolution of supply problems, general queries and queries relating to payment invoices.
- Maintain an accurate supplier database.
- Assist in the preparation of requests for quotation.
- Develop knowledge of the materials being purchased.
- Maintain accurate purchasing filing system.
- To be conscious of costs and attempt to achieve savings on an ongoing basis.
- General clerical duties
- 3 – 5 Years+ experience in a similar position preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of using an ERP system is essential
- Good negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound knowledge of supplier sourcing practices (researching, evaluating, liaising with suppliers)
- Must have very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Highly Motivated and capable of working on own initiative