This position supervises the laboratory quality control testing of a variety of raw materials, products, in-process materials, or stability samples in support of the company’s quality programme.
A typical day as a Supervisor Quality Control might include:
- Coordinating with members of Manufacturing, R & D, and Formulation to provide analytical support.
- Supervising QC Analysts – distribute work load and monitor progress.
- Supervising and perform product testing and reviewing test reports.
- Ensuring QC Analysts receive accurate training.
- Attending interdepartmental meetings to keep informed of manufacturing priorities.
- Ensuring testing is performed accurately and in compliance with cGMP procedures, established regulatory requirements, SOPs, and other approved test methods
- Supervising or conducting laboratory investigations and generate reports in response to Deviations and OOS/OOT.
- Reviewing and approving method protocols, reports and SOPs.
- Assisting in the preparation for internal/customer/regulatory inspections.
- Proactively identify and implement lab process improvements and lean initiatives.
- Ensuring that CAPAs and Change Controls are initiated and completed on time and in accordance with site procedures.
- Train, develop and mentor direct reports and effectively manage the performance of individuals.
- Ensure a safe working environment within the laboratory
To be considered for this role you must hold a bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related field with 5+ years of related experience and supervisory/leadership experience. May substitute proven experience for education requirement.