Our client based in Co Limerick is hiring a Quantity Surveyor / Contracts Planner on a 2 year contract.
Do you want to work in a company where you can problem solve, make decisions and implement solutions? Where everyone is collaborative, supportive, helpful – there for each other?
Our client is looking for an outstanding individual to become a core part of their team.
What is the job?
Working as part of a multidiscipline engineering team, this position will provide you with the opportunity to work in partnership with a number of contracting companies ensuring that work is carried out to the highest standard.
Key job features include:
• Review budgets, advise on cost development and provide oversight on commercial management of capital projects
• Assist and advise in the preparation of Tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, schedule of rates etc.
• Procure pricing, quotations from specialist sub-contractors to assist with the delivery of capital projects
• Monitor contractor costs, valuations, variations and overall commercial performance of contractor’s costs and project costs • Administer contractor orders daily, review costs and report monthly on project costs
• Prepare work schedules and contractor planning using available resources
• Attend meetings, monitor work progress and redirect contractors according to project demands
To be considered for this role, you must:
• Have a relevant degree
• Have natural problem-solving skills with strong mechanical aptitude
• Have excellent communication / interpersonal skills
• Be enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative
• Be a self-starter and motivated
Our client doesn’t believe in supervision; they will mentor you, and facilitate you in utilising and developing your skills, knowledge and experience.
They are a team-based organisation which affords a Quantity Surveyor the opportunity to interface directly with all functions in the plant.
What they offer:
Competitive remuneration package including salary, health insurance and pension.
They also have an on-site gym and an active sports and social club.
Please apply online and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Quantity Surveying Contracts Planner Project Management Budget Management
Competitive Salary, Health Insurance Pension Gym