Our Multinational Client in Co. Limerick has an exciting opportunity for an R&D Material and Recipe specialist on an 18-month contract.
The centre comprises of research staff and other stakeholders based in Co. Limerick, Ireland. Our focus is scientific research to support innovations in the development of milk-based infant nutrition products for the global market. The company incorporates state-of-the-art laboratory facilities as well as a full pilot-scale facility for the development and testing of new products from initial concept through to product deployment worldwide.
The successful candidate will join the team responsible for the development of new products.
Based in the Material & Recipe Management (MRM) team the position holder will report to the MRM Group Lead.
- The successful candidate will be involved in optimisation of ways of working (processes & practices) within the Material and Recipe Management area, to improve quality, efficiency and accuracy of ingredient and recipe data.
- They will also contribute to routine activities within the MRM team, completing recipe preparation and approval to support Infant Formula and Growing Up Milk Innovation and Renovation activities.
- Improvements to processes & tools related to formulations and material & recipe management and harmonisation initiatives will be identified & implemented. Initiatives will be driven in collaboration with relevant subject matter experts.
A Day in the Life of a R&D Material and Recipe Management (MRM) Specialist
- Drive the optimisation of Material & Recipe Management ways of working (processes, practices & tools).
- Support Material and Recipe Management activities including ensuring the compliance by design process is applied to innovation and renovation projects in conformance with all internal and external requirements, company standards, guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement solutions to accelerate the recipe design and approval process.
- Support the implementation of best practices for data management including testing, reporting, and supporting resolution of identified issues.
- Drive improvements in the quality, efficiency & accuracy of ingredient & recipe data to support Infant Formula and Growing Up Milk Innovation and Renovation activities.
What will make you successful
- Rigorous Attention to detail and results focused
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Experience in process/system optimization
- Experience in data analytics, statistical knowledge and ability to analyse and summarise complex data & make meaningful recommendations
- Proficiency in computer-based applications and propensity to learn new software systems and processes
- Proven ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Proactive, service orientated, and continuous improvement focused
- Qualification in Science or another relevant field or experience
- Experience (2+ yrs) in Innovation or Operations in a R&D or in a factory/market, specifically on the management of Raw Materials, Recipes, Finished Products, Compliance or Label data management.
- Scientific knowledge and understanding of raw materials and recipe requirements
- Understanding of regulatory compliance and awareness of relevant food regulations
Our client wants to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. They do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win. They aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people’s lives that we touch every single day. Be a force for good.
Our client offers a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different divisions, functions, and regions. Don’t miss the opportunity to join them and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
Their mission is to nurture a Healthier Generation. They will achieve this by leading the way in research and development of science-proven nutrition solutions and by partnering with parents and healthcare professionals around the world. At the heart of their mission is the knowledge and understanding that nutrition in the first 1,000 days of life, from conception, through pregnancy and throughout the child’s first two years of life – has a direct and significant impact on health and performance in later life