Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company based in Limerick are currently recruiting for a Senior Facilities Inventory Specialist to join their team. This is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, evaluates and purchases services, supplies and equipment based on price, service, quality and warranty to meet the needs of the Facilities department and other internal customers.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for equipment parts and components based on preventive and corrective maintenance requirements.
- Evaluates orders for completeness, accuracy, lead time, risk management, compliance with budget, compliance with engineering specifications and to ensure that the cost codes used are in accordance with established policies.
- Establishes and strengthens relationships with key suppliers and service providers through collaboration with Procurement.
- Ensures financial transactions are completed in Oracle in a timely manner to support purchasing activities.
- Leads daily communications with vendors and helps prepare and maintain relevant company contract documentation.
- Maintains the parts inventory database, routinely running reports on parts usage.
- Investigates and resolves maintenance and operations stock problems by working with vendors, Maintenance and Operations, and Procurement Services Group personnel.
- Coordinates, and participates in the preparation of specifications for maintenance and operations stock items and non-stock equipment and tools.
- Coordinates and expedites requested equipment and parts orders, emergency material pickup requests, and issuance of purchase requisitions to procurement.
- Performs cycle counts to ensure accuracy of inventory levels.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives for functional department goals.
- Performs audits or cycle counts to confirm accuracy of inventory levels.
- Collaborates strategically with external suppliers, internal customers and Procurement to ensure the availability of critical spare parts in emergency situations so that any down time to manufacturing operations is minimised.
- Investigates and resolves maintenance and operations stock problems by working with vendors, Maintenance and Operations and Procurement Services Group personnel.
- Provides hands on leadership to ensure vendor performance and compliance.
- Participates with employee training to provide vendor training opportunities.
- Raises all vendor performance issues to Manager and/or purchasing for review.
- Supervises inventory levels to prevent loss of product or downtime.
- Tracks and coordinates storage condition’s and ensures appropriate stocking requirements are met.
- Helps maintain parts layout and housekeeping standards in the warehouse.
To be considered for this role you must have a BS/BA in Business, Finance or related field and 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.