Our client, a leading manufacturer based in Clare currently has an opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing/Process Engineer to join their team. This is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
The person taking up this role will have an equipment engineering background with experience in leading equipment / process validations. A track record in driving continuous improvement on equipment and processes to reduce scrap and improve throughput. Experience in problem solving methodology is highly desirable.
- Provide Engineering support to the UA Value Stream and related equipment from introduction / validation thru to daily running and process improvement.
- Ensure that hourly targets are met by effectively analyzing and then elimination recurring equipment and process problems, utilizing the company Problem Solving Tools where necessary.
- Continuous improvement of production and output with ownership of associated projects including relevant documentation updates.
- Initiate and complete Engineering Change Controls to manage and drive changes including all relevant documentation changes including but not limited to Design Change Assessment, pFMEA updating and validation assessment.
- Work closely with the validation group to initiate, generate and execute validations to support the introduction of new products, process and equipment
- Analyses process, product, material or equipment specifications and performance requirements.
- Utilise problem solving process PSP / DIVE to troubleshoot new products / process / equipment working closely with cross functional team and/or external vendors.
- Continually seek to identify and then manage improvements in process design, layout and operational performance.
- Develop and use visual project management and daily management boards to drive standard work and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Develops User Requirements spec’s and performs validation or qualification tests of new or existing processes, equipment, or software in accordance with internal protocols or external standards.
- Evaluate in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Gives technical guidance to Associate Engineers and technicians.
- Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and site objectives.
- Understand and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Communicate effectively and clearly on Equipment and process issues, focusing on root cause, status and counter measures.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Honours Level 8)
- 5+ Years engineering experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience in Quality assurance, cGMP / FDA QSR / ISO regulations. ISO13485 experience is highly desirable.Experience in leading projects.
- A developing professional. Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices. General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General understanding of business unit/group function.
- Exercises judgment when interpreting company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Strong problem-solving experience with demonstrated experience in use of PSP tools.