Our client a privately owned innovative Irish renewable energy group company based in County Limerick is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager due to continued growth. The successful candidate will be a key member of our Renewable Energy Development team.
About the role
The Project Development Team are responsible for developing and maximising the value of the current onshore pipeline. We have a steady pipeline and are seeking to expand the team with talented and passionate individuals.
As a Senior Project Manager your role will be flexible and varied and will involve:
- Full oversight of the design, planning and environmental assessment requirements for renewable energy projects to planning submission stage and any subsequent challenges thereafter
- Management and co-ordination of baseline environmental and constraints assessments
- Review of planning/environmental related legislation and relevant planning decisions as required to establish potential implications for the development pipeline
- Preparation of relevant submissions or comments on policy/guidance documents as they arise
- Facilitating the interaction between project team members, internally and externally, as required. Critically reviewing project documentation, tracking project programme & risk
- Identifying and escalating issues as they arise, while being proactive and solution oriented with good attention to detail
- Consulting with Local Authorities, Statutory bodies, An Bord Pleanála and joint venture partners
Ideal candidates will have or possess some or all of the following:
- A degree and / or higher qualification in Environmental Science, Engineering or Planning related discipline
- Comprehensive experience and/or expertise in the areas of Project Management, EIA, AA co-ordination and application in a planning context
- Good knowledge of planning and environmental legislation
- Large project development experience, desirably in the renewable energy sector
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and must take on ownership of tasks and challenges
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the renewable energy planning and / or environmental consultancy sector
- Ability to manage own workload, meet demanding timescales and make informed decisions across a number of projects
- Full, clean driving license
- Commitment to continued professional development
The offer: We offer you a work environment that encourages collaboration, team bonding and the opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of engineers, environmental scientists, project managers and community liaison officers. We promote professional and personal development as we continue to experience strong growth within the company. The role is an excellent opportunity for someone motivated in starting or furthering a career in the renewable energy sector.
Project Management Renewable Energy Planning