Our client, based in Limerick currently has an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer (C++) to join their team. This is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
About the Role
As part of our client team, you will be responsible for developing our next generation of syncing and file-sharing software applications and delivering a maintainable solution optimized for usability and reliability. You’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technologies and codebases, interact directly with our customers, and learn firsthand how they use our products.
This role is remote and will require working remotely with other team members.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Design and build software capable of running on all primary operating systems used by millions of users
- Develop, maintain and support software including applications, interfaces, and new features
- Troubleshoot and resolve reported customer issues quickly and permanently
- Participate in code reviews, provide feedback, and help with the advancement of tools and processes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Comfortable developing software for Windows, Linux, and MacOS
- Strong experience with C++
- Strong knowledge of Web Technologies including HTTP protocol, XML, REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of server-client architecture
- Comfortable with Git version control system
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize tasks while working independently or as part of the team
- Experience working with filesystems (Windows, macOS or both) is highly desired
- Experience working with databases
- Knowledge and experience developing complex multi-threaded, performance sensitive systems such as file systems
- Knowledge and experience testing complex multi-threaded systems such as filesystems
- Experience with TypeScript, Swift, or Python
- Comfortable working with CI/CD systems like Jenkins
- Experience working with Electron and JS is a nice addition
- Experience in Windows Driver development is a plus