Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced EHS Professional to join the existing Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) team and play a crucial part in developing, maintaining and continually improving the EHS programme at their expanding manufacturing site.
In this role a typical day might include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Develops, implements and monitors environmental, health & safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values.
- Strong knowledge and experience of process safety an advantage – CE marking / ATEX / Pressure Equipment.
- Site program owner for several of the Health & Safety program elements.
- Works closely with relevant departments as nominated business partner and the EHS Team to promote safe practices, procedures, and proper use of equipment and facilities.
- Serves as EHS Facilitator.
- Identifies and addresses site EHS issues and employee concerns.
- Performs incident management activities including injury management investigations and associated recordkeeping.
- Identifies, implements and tracks corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
- Develops, implements and maintains training programs for health, safety and the environment.
- Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities.
- Stays abreast of new EHS government regulations as they are promulgated as well as new developments in industry (best practices).
- Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs.
- Works with IOPS EHS in US to share and implement EHS best practices.
- Develops and maintains the Environmental and Health & Safety Management System.
- Administers databases for training compliance, instrumentation maintenance and other safety related data.
- Participates in and promotes staff professional development training and activities.
- Supports internal audits, management reviews and external regulatory audits.
- Works with the manufacturing department to manage EHS impacts from changes to existing or new product introductions.
To be considered for this opportunity you should have a BSc in Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or related subject. Minimum of 8 + years relevant professional experience in a manufacturing facility
EHS Environmental Management Regulatory Experience