Summary: Process Sciences is a technical services department that deals with a range of scientific, technical, engineering and mathematical needs from the laboratory to the manufacturing floor. Process Sciences is made of six main functional teams namely:
- Upstream Sciences
- Downstream Sciences
- Analytical Technologies Team
- Data Analytics and Modelling
- Manufacturing Support & Process Validation
- Project Management and Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides technical support for Technology transfer and Commercial activities by utilizing engineering, technical and mathematical skills.
• Participate and lead investigations to determine root cause or provide technical understanding
• Develops, authors or approves protocols in support of these activities.
• Performs or assesses data analysis using appropriate mathematical and statistics tools
• Assess data and /or information packages and propose solutions utilizing scientific, technical engineering or mathematical knowledge as appropriate
• Authors, reviews, approves associated reports.
• Presents findings at group and interdepartmental meetings to key stakeholders
• Drives innovation and continuous improvement programs
• Provides coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team.
Education and Experience:
• PhD in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years’ experience; may consider another discipline with added relevant experience.
• Candidates with an MSc/MEng Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with 9+ years’ experience will also be considered.
• Candidates with an BSc/BEng Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with 10+ years’ experience will also be considered.