Our client, a leading medical device company based in Limerick currently has an opportunity for an experienced Supplier Process Engineer to join their team. This is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package. This position also offers a hybrid working arrangement with the opportunity to work from home a few days a week.
- Liaise with Sustaining Engineering, and other departments, to develop and introduce new products, components and processes in key supplier sites.
- Lead process engineering projects to implement supplier based changes, from feasibility through to, validation, qualification and implementation.
- In conjunction with Sustaining Engineering and Supplier Quality engineering, support and advise suppliers on validation requirements as necessary.
- Support the assessment of non-conforming raw materials received from suppliers.
- Liaise with Purchasing and Supplier Quality Engineering to improve the Quality Systems procedures relating to suppliers.
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities for the reduction of cost, yield or quality improvements with existing or new vendors, via process improvement or transfer.
- Assess current internal supplier processes to streamline and optimise.
- Liaise with the Purchasing group to identify new suppliers as needed.
- Liaise with Supplier Quality Engineering and Sustaining Engineering (CAPA) to ensure the effective completion of Supplier Corrective Actions (SCA’s)
- Ensure effective reporting to the Engineering Management team.
- Provide technical support and input when required to the Suppler Audit process.
- Liaise with supplier and regulatory to obtain the supplier related information required for regulatory submissions.
- Benchmark systems and processes against best industry practice and modify and develop accordingly to further improve operations efficiencies.
- Responsible for operating general internal quality systems and documentation.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Formal Production/Engineering qualification and relevant experience in as least one of the following areas:
Manufacturing, Supplier Engineering, Engineering/Device Design & Development/CAPA.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong knowledge of medical device quality standards ISO13485/FDA practices and GMP or similar regulated industry standards.
- Proven Project Management and problem-solving skills.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft®
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High self-motivation.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business.