Our client, an Aviation Industry leader, has a vacancy for a Logistics Specialist to join the team. The role is based in Celbridge Kildare, commutable from Dublin.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the processing of aircraft material including physical handling of the freight, inspection, and forwarding to repair shops and/or customers.
- Process incoming/outgoing material in accordance with guidelines/procedures
- Receiving, clarification resolution, and shipping of aircraft material as per described procedures
- Operation of forklift – passing materials onto materials specialist
- Process transportation as requested
- Proactively work to resolve discrepancies as they occur
- Follow compliance regulations and Export control
- Physical handling of material
- Daily communication with team members regarding operational status and changes
- Perform record keeping and filing as needed.
- Input data in EDP system / SAP in keeping with procedures.
- Work according to documented quality management procedures and company processes
- All other duties as directed or assigned
Qualifications / Skills
- Leaving Certificate
- PLC in Logistics related course
- Fork Lift Truck Qualification desirable
- Basic Knowledge of MS Office or knowledge of SAP desirable
- Capable of passing training courses relevant to your job description
- Problem solving ability in a rapidly changing environment
- Previous experience within a warehouse operations role essential
- Highly motivated – ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, willing to take ownership of work
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Pro-active and eager to learn and take on responsibility
- Committed to Company values and ethics
warehouse operator logistics specialist logistics operator
healthcare pension life assurance Paid Holidays educational assistance