Our Shannon based client has a new opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join the team.
The Continuous Improvement Project Engineer is responsible for development of the product value stream with the goal of achieving the agreed reduction in TAT & cost improvement targets.
1. TAT Reduction
- Identify and investigate opportunities for TAT Reductions to achieve agreed TAT targets.
- Work with cross functional teams to lead Kaizen activities and use structured problem solving tools to identify root causes and implement sustainable effective solutions.
- Implement and monitor success of TAT improvement initiatives, working closely with other team members.
2. Process Improvements (Product Cost / Profitability)
- Identify and investigate opportunities for product repair cost improvements to achieve agreed targets.
- Obtain internal & external approvals for process improvement changes
- Measure and monitor rework costs and reasons, working with cross functional teams to achieve rework reductions targets.
- Monitor scrap quantities and reasons, working with the team to minimise the scrap rates.
- Define specifications for new equipment purchase / modifications and sign off on qualification / acceptance.
- Implement Process Improvements and monitor successful achievement of proposed savings.
3. Product Engineering Cover
- Complete product engineering training and achieve competence to be able to cover the product engineering role.
- Provide cover for the product engineer during periods of absence.
4. Technical Support
- Work closely with the Product Leader and provide support to achieve the TAT & Cost goals.
- Provide required technical support to Production & Maintenance to achieve Cl goals.
- Provide technical support as required to achieve capacity increases.
5. Other duties
- Miscellaneous tasks / projects as directed by the Engineering Manager
Reporting on the following monthly metrics; progress & results:
- Rework costs reduction
- TAT improvements, initiatives
- Cost reduction, excluding rework
Qualifications / Skills
- Degree in Production, Materials or Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to understand complex processes involving multiple disciplines
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Disciplined structure approach to defining / qualifying process stability
- Knowledge of material science relating to materials & processes an advantage
- Competent communication & report writing skills
- Strong team work skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working production / process engineering role
- Proven track record in problem solving in complex environment
- Project Management experience an advantage
- Results orientate and ability to work on own initiative
- Availability to provide technical support outside normal hours
Please apply online and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact
Continuous Improvement Lean Manufacturing Process Improvement
Pension Gym Bonus Healthcare Flight Concessions