Our client, an Aviation Industry leader, has a vacancy for a Quality Coordinator to join the team.
The role is based in Celbridge Kildare, commutable from Dublin.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the effective and safe execution of maintenance events, which take place either at the repair station or in the field, ensuring the delivery of a quality product in line with customer requirements.
As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading and supervising our production team and processes. You will be part of a committed leadership team working closely with your colleagues to achieve our overall business goals. You will be responsible for coaching and developing your team members and providing support production leaders to achieve their goals.
- Planning and assigning duties to personnel and ensuring the required tooling and equipment is available to perform the planned maintenance activities in accordance with Company procedures and airworthiness requirements
- Monitoring performance against plan and the achievement of agreed targets
- Providing direction to team members and supporting the resolution of problems affecting the attainment of goals
- Acting as a role model, promoting a safe working environment and developing a Just Culture at work
- Coaching team members, performing the appraisals and supporting the development of team members
- Ensuring delivery of customers’ orders in line with agreed cost, schedule and quality parameters.
- Supporting the EOC Coordinator and team members in organising travel and accommodation arrangements for In-field events
- Supporting the development of “One Production” across the MES global network to optimize production systems and the deployment of resources
- Ensuring the quality of workmanship is to the standard to assure compliance to both the company and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining the security of serviceable and unserviceable engines / modules /units both In-Station and In-field; ensuring adequate protection from damage, inclement weather conditions and prevention of FOD Foreign object damage
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met in the area in the area of responsibility with regard to environmental, health & safety.
- Supporting the training of personnel engaged in maintenance activity, ensuring they are supervised and guided through OJT by competent personnel and mentor them through the Qualification and Approval Process
- Supporting the Training Leader with executing training and recording of associated Personnel Log Book (PLB) task accomplishment
- Maintaining knowledge of the relevant systems in the business eg. Q/star, Workforce Plus, M Plan through continuation training of team members
- Deputising for the Production Manager during periods of absence
- Performing all other duties as assigned or required by Production Manager/Repair Station Manager
Qualifications / Skills
- Accomplished leadership ability with experience of leading teams and projects
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written, with strong interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills with proven ability to lead and implement change
- Strong team player, able to work with all levels within the Company, with a keen focus on meeting customer expectations
- A self-starter with strong motivational skills and commitment to company values and standards
- Disciplined approach to work and a high attention to detail regarding compliance
- Strong business acumen to identify barriers and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Ability to deal with complexity in a highly regulated and competitive environment
- Qualification in engineering or related discipline
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, ERP systems (e.g. SAP) and a general competence in utilising new technologies
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a team leadership role
- Experience in Maintenance Repair & Overhaul, especially on the repair of CFM56 family engines desirable
- Willingness to travel as per business requirements
- Availability to provide technical support outside normal hours